Description of the procedure
The lifting effect is immediate and unobtrusive and is the result of lifting the tissue during the setting of threads. After inserting threads, the treated area is gently pressed, thus forming the surface of the skin and making it visibly smoothed.
The effect of regeneration is gradual and natural: polylactic acid (PLA), a basic ingredient of the thread, is a polymer known in the medical field for years (threads, orthopedic rods, screws and pins for bone fractures are made from PLA). The reason is that the polymer is particularly biocompatible with human tissue and also biodegradable. After inserting threads, polylactic acid affects the deeper layers of the skin and naturally stimulates the body to produce its own collagen. This action, which continues through time, helps to increase the volume of sagging skin areas and gradually restores the natural shape of your face.
Silhouette Soft face lift threads are a revolutionary treatment for clients who are looking for a significant lifting without invasive surgery. This treatment is suitable for both men and women who want to achieve a younger look without the limitations of a traditional face lift. The treatment is ideal for correcting the signs of aging in the area of the nose and mouth, facial lines and cheeks. The results of this treatment last for 12-18 months, depending on the primary quality and state of the skin.
A suitable candidate has:
- sagging skin of the middle part of the face – cheeks
- sagging jaw
- sagging eyebrows
- sagging neck skin
- loss of volume in facial tissue
An unsuitable candidate has:
- excess skin due to her thickness – hypertrophy due to aging
- sagging and thin skin due to prominent atrophy – loss of fat tissue
Course of the procedure
One or more threads can be used, depending on the wishes of the patient and the area treated. Silhouette Soft treatment can be used as an independent treatment or in combination with dermal filters or Botulinum toxin.
Threads are gently applied using a needle, 3-5 mm under the skin, through holes on the skin, without incisions; they are kept in place by absorbable pins facing in opposite directions (bidirectional). With slight compression, tissue is remodeled and tightened until the desired lifting effect is achieved.
Three weeks after the treatment, there are no more restrictions. Normal activities – like walking and sedentary job – can already be performed within an hour after the procedure. Patients who underwent this treatment should avoid vigorous exercise or activity for approximately five days.
Precautions and limitations
- Put ice or cold compresses immediately after treatment, for 5 to 15 minutes;
- In the case of pain, use analgesics;
- During the first 3-5 nights, it is recommended to keep your head on an elevated level, sleeping with your face toward the ceiling;
- Clean and dry the face gently, without any rough movements; gently wash your hair; apply make-up carefully and discreetly 5 days after the procedure;
- Men shave their face with gentle, light movements 5 days after the procedure;
- Avoid sunbathing and tanning bed 2 weeks after the procedure;
- Avoid treatments and facial massages 3 weeks after the procedure;
- Avoid sports, especially contact sports, saunas and baths – three weeks after the procedure;
- Do not undergo dental surgery 3 weeks after the procedure;
- Avoid excessive facial movements while talking, chewing and yawning 3 weeks after the procedure