GENERAL AND BARIATRIC SURGERY SPECIALIST
ASSOCIATE PROFFESOR AT CLEVELAND CLINIC LERNER COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AT CASE WESTERN UNIVERSITY
Specialist in general and subspecialist in abdominal surgery.
Dr. Zdenko Boras is the Head of the Department of Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of Abdominal Surgery, KBC Osijek.
Dr. Boras returned to KBC Osijek after spending 4 years as a General Surgery Specialist at the Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi.
There he completed a subspecialization in the field of bariatric-metabolic surgery according to the rules of the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons and became a FACS (Fellow of the American College of Surgeons).
During his stay at the Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi, he became an Assistant Professor at the University of Cleveland in the field of surgery.
Before leaving for Abu Dhabi, Dr. Boras completed a specialization in general surgery at the KBC Osijek Clinical Hospital and received his doctorate from the School of Medicine in Osijek in the field of colorectal surgery.
Dr. Boras currently lives in Osijek with his wife and three children.
Personal career achievements
– Doctorate in the field of colorectal surgery in 2013.
– Specialist surgeon, member of the Bariatric-Metabolic Team at the Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi 2016-2019.
– Operator and demonstrator at the World Bariatric Congress in Madrid IFSO 2019.
– Founder of the Department of Bariatric-Metabolic and Minimally Invasive Surgery KBC Osijek 2019.
– FACS (Fellow of American College of Surgeons).
Dr. Boras is a regular member of:
– Croatian Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons
– American College of Surgeons (ACS) – American Society of Surgeons
– American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons (ASMBS) American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
– IFSO – International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity – International Federation for the Surgical Treatment of Obesity